The construction of the metric gauge Arad – Podgoria rail began on November 11, 1905. The works were financed both from public and private funds. The rail was first tested a year later on November 18. After another round of trials that took place on November 30, the inspectors from Budapest agreed to be open to the public, which happened a day later.
By the time it was opened to circulation, the Arad – Podgoria railroad had a total length of 58,3 kilometers. The route was split in three sectors: Arad – Ghioroc, 22,3 kilometers long, Ghioroc – Pancota, 22,2 kilometers long and Ghioroc – Radna, 13,9 kilometers long.